Dora and B0OTS
Tuesday, 2024-03-19, 4:09 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Clan NX Event ideas - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: B0OTS, RabbidsL  
Forum » Combat Arms » General Discussion » Clan NX Event ideas (Share your ideas for future nx events here!)
Clan NX Event ideas
B0OTSDate: Saturday, 2010-09-04, 1:16 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Clan Moderators
Awards: 2
I'm thinking tournament of some kind biggrin

If we do anything big, I'd be willing to chip in for prizes. But of course, I'd get to compete too wink

Oh oh oh here's an idea: if we have a tournament, all entrants must "pay" an entrance fee of a $1.00 nx gift (or say 900 nx, for a 1 day nx gun or something) to the tournament host, and the nx prize will be equal to however much nx was spent in entry fees! That way, the people giving out free stuff get some perks, and the person who wins the tournament gets a BIG perk while the entrants who don't win don't lose much at all. I like that idea, yay me. I'm very tired and I'm beginning to wonder if pepperoni Hotpockets have excessive amounts of sugar in them or if i'm high on lack of sleep. School FTL.

I like the idea of clan NX events tournament very much, but the one's _Stalker_'s currently running seem a little easy and tournament the instructions a little unclear; Does the FIRST person to submit all the screenshots get the tournament award or what? I think tournament we could refine the events a little, like maybe instead of playing lots of a certain tournament kind of match (which to me seems just like a nexon event), we could tournament have all the entrants join up for (example): a clan cabin fever game and first place gets the prize, or first and second, and so on. I are you getting the feeling that B0OTS wants a tournament feel like that fosters a little more excitement and competition. Thoughts?

http://combatsigs.com/get/sig/5/B0ots

Message edited by B0OTS - Saturday, 2010-09-04, 1:23 AM

RabbidsLDate: Saturday, 2010-09-04, 11:26 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Awards: 1
good idea biggrin

TimToddlerDate: Sunday, 2010-09-05, 8:44 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 0
I can gift B0OTS a ten dollar nx card for the tournament or for mad money on CA

Added (2010-09-05, 8:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
We can have different classes like pistol and sniper only or by kdr or how long they have been on the clan.

B0OTSDate: Sunday, 2010-09-05, 11:50 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
hmmm we should organize some nice tournament events for the next big break from school, like maybe over Christmas break. Long time away, but I don't see any other really good time where mostly everyone would be free. I agree, some people won't have much of a chance, so doing tournament by kdr could be a good idea (as in we do matchmaking, not random slots, just like a real tournament. .9 kd would draw low slot against another low kd, etc.

This could really be fun!

B0OTSDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-07, 5:35 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
My idea is: A traditional bracketed tournament among OUR OWN clan members; lowest kd vs lowest kd first, etc etc. I think an entrance fee could be something very small, like a black hi sec key or even just a respawn token. If we do a higher entrance fee, then the reward would increase according to how many people enter: 800 nx fee per person, 1 person enters, 800 nx prize, 10 people enter, 8000 nx prize. I don't know how much I'm willing to spend, maybe 10 or 15 bucks

_stalker_Date: Tuesday, 2010-09-07, 8:29 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Clan Administrators
B0OTS I will make it ease so everyone could try it. it will show the participation of our clan members. The event you created will be add to our clan News page, another idea is to run the events one by one, so you don't have to run several events at the same time. Plus the gifts are not really expansive - the highest is 4000nx ( I think), and the lowest is 700-900 nx.

B0OTSDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-08, 3:37 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
I don't want to do the tournament yet anyway, and I was thinking of having a different gift entirely for the tournament anyway, which I would back. Maybe I'd let the winner choose whatever he wanted (up to the reward limit, of course). Running events 1 by 1 sounds like a good idea lol

TimToddlerDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-08, 11:42 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
I would be willing to donate 20,000 NX so the top prize can be a perm or like a grab bag of stuff.

B0OTSDate: Thursday, 2010-09-09, 5:13 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Wooah very generous offer! The ONLY reason I would consider saying no to this is that as of right now, we have approximately 35-40 active members in our clan, and of those, only about 7 or 8 have a REALLY good chance of winning a 1 on 1 tournament against the whole clan.

I think for the prize to be that big, we'd need a lot more people in the tournament. That could be something we do when we hit level 4 and fill up with really good actives. Of course, we could just say what the heck and do it anyway =D

TimToddlerDate: Thursday, 2010-09-09, 5:20 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Yeah if we can do the tournament during winter vacation i will still be able to do it, as of now i'm broke. smile

_stalker_Date: Friday, 2010-09-10, 1:55 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
everyone is facing difficulty of getting money or do surveys. However B0OTS we can do 2 tournaments first-16/16, second-8/8, the last places will against winners just as you said before. What do you think about this? Also about the NX events, its better than just a gift nx to the clan member. Like for example Xplayer asked me about for 30 days, i told him to make it fair for everyone - player must choose one of our clan events and complete it, because we don't have free nx to gift, and some of us are saving NX to buy a perm weapon.

B0OTSDate: Friday, 2010-09-10, 4:36 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Quote (_stalker_)
However B0OTS we can do 2 tournaments first-16/16, second-8/8

What do you mean by those numbers? Do you mean a tournament will have 32 people first then be whittled down to 16 for finals?

Oh and remember, nx credit you get from the nexon website is NOT giftable!

_stalker_Date: Saturday, 2010-09-11, 4:13 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
yes two types of tournaments with 32 or 16 players :), but i like the one you made so lets use it smile

TimToddlerDate: Saturday, 2010-09-11, 4:18 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Do you know when the tournament will be happening

B0OTSDate: Saturday, 2010-09-11, 7:51 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Christmas break sometime. I'll make that more clear. Everyone who signs up should find out when they're available to play (I.E. when their break is and what time they can play during it)

Forum » Combat Arms » General Discussion » Clan NX Event ideas (Share your ideas for future nx events here!)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Forum statistics
Latest updated threads Most popular threads Best users New members
  • The Official Off-Topic Thread (100)
  • Say Something About The User Above You (29)
  • Inactive players (4)
  • DORA AND B0OTS CLAN LOGOS AND BANNERS (32)
  • NEW PROJECTS (2)
  • new MP3 Project (27)
  • Clan Roster (9)
  • Tournament gift (7)
  • The bet (39)
  • Clan NX Event ideas (30)
  • The Official Off-Topic Thread (100)
  • The bet (39)
  • Clan War Tactics (36)
  • DORA AND B0OTS CLAN LOGOS AND BANNERS (32)
  • Clan NX Event ideas (30)
  • Say Something About The User Above You (29)
  • new MP3 Project (27)
  • Our clan record (26)
  • Adminship Rules (22)
  • GIVE ME YOUR SECRETS! (22)
  • RabbidsL
  • B0OTS
  • _stalker_
  • TimToddler
  • Uzzy
  • Tygar
  • Asiangotguns
  • -BraveWhacks